Did you know that when you become a member of the American Fisheries Society, you’ll:
• Receive Fisheries magazine each month.
• Enjoy special savings on subscriptions to AFS published books.
• Access our many journals.
• Enjoy special savings on meeting registration.
• Publish with AFS – click to learn more!
Roles for Everyone
by Thomas E. Bigford
• Diet Shifts Detected in Sandbar Sharks Using a Nonlethal Technique
by Sarah Harrison
• Cast Nets are Useful Sampling Tools, and You Should Try One
by Jeff Schaeffer
FEATURES AND ESSAYS
• A Historical Record of Sawfish in the Southern Gulf of Mexico: Evidence of Diversity Loss Using Old Photos
by Manuel Mendoza-Carranza and Alejandro Espinoza-Tenorio
• Learning to Manage and Managing to Learn: Sustaining Freshwater Recreational Fisheries in a Changing Environment
º Spanish Abstract
by Gretchen J. A. Hansen, Jereme W. Gaeta, Jonathan F. Hansen, and Stephen R. Carpenter
• Turning Class Field Trips into Long-Term Research: A Great Idea with a Few Pitfalls
by Thomas P. Quinn
• Relating Scientific Names to Common Names for Important Fisheries Species of the Mexican Pacific
by Mauricio Ramírez-Rodríguez
• Conserving Pacific Lamprey through Collaborative Efforts
º Spanish Abstract
by Christina Wang and Howard Schaller
by Natalie SopinkaNEWS
Jonathan Mawdsley and Arpita Choudhury
• Purpose, History, and Importance of the Student Angle
by Andrew K. Carlson, Jesse R. Fischer, Landon L. Pierce, Dan J. Dembkowski, Michael E. Colvin, Janice A. Kerns, and Jeffrey D. Fore
An Ecosystem Services Approach to Assessing the Impacts of the Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill in the Gulf of Mexico. Reviewed by John A. Wiens
… and more!
to access the February 2015 Fisheries magazine article:
- Members either click here to go directly to Taylor and Francis
click here and sign in, then on the green, righthand menu you will see members only > members only links!
Not a member yet? Click here and learn the benefits of joining the American Fisheries Society (AFS)—the world’s oldest and largest organization dedicated to strengthening the fisheries profession, advancing fisheries science, and conserving fisheries resources.